Project and Test Cycle Types
uTest offers several types of testing projects to appeal to many types of software testers. For example, you may be invited to projects related to the following:
- Functional: Exploratory, test case creation, test case completion, automated test script creation
- Security: Manual penetration, dynamic security
- Load and Performance: Script creation, live load participation
- Localization: Translation validation, localization testing
- Usability: Survey creation, survey completion, survey analysis, expert review
There will be a section of your profile titled "Account Information" where you must select at least one testing type (outlined above) and at least one app type (Mobile, Web, etc). To match you with the best opportunities you are encouraged to select only the testing types you are familiar with or have had some experience in. Keep in mind that invitations are still based on supply and demand, and certain types of testing require further vetting prior to invitations. Each type of project mentioned above can occur in several types of Test Cycles. Only invited testers [from community and project management team] are able to view each test cycle.
If you are new to uTest, you do not have a track record of bugs approved, bugs submitted, etc. This makes it very difficult for uTest to place you on projects. Therefore, in order to develop this track record you can request to be added to the uTest Sandbox Program .