Initial Password Setting/Resetting
To initiate your platform account’s initial password setting (or resetting), please navigate to platform.utest.com and click “Forgot Password?”. Enter your account’s email address and submit.
- This process needs to be done completely from a regular browser tab, NOT a private/Incognito browser. This includes requesting the password reset email and opening the reset link/URL.
- The link can expire for the following reasons …
- More than 2 hours has elapsed since the password reset email was requested.
- You have navigated to the password reset link URL more than one time.
Clicking Email Hyperlink for Password Setting/Resetting Doesn’t Work
- If you experience issues in the password setting (or resetting), please try copy/pasting the provided URL into a new browser tab. DO NOT click the email’s hyperlink as some email clients have been known to alter the URL when clicking the link directly.
Other Errors Encountered When Clicking Password Set/Reset Link
- Once you’ve set, or reset, your password and you click the link to login, some users see the error below. Typically, you can simply go to the login page and login w/ your password you just set. Please try a private/incognito browser tab if a regular one isn’t working.
uTest Proxy Access Issues
- When trying to login to the uTest proxy, you may encounter the scenario of the login screen continuously refreshing. This is most likely due to either of 2 things; your account is locked in the backend database, or your password was last reset 12+ months ago. Both are solved by resetting your password. To do so, navigate to platform.utest.com > ‘Forgot Password?’ (see above for more information on this process).
- If you have the proxy open in multiple windows (or keep “old“ proxy credentials cached inadvertently), then the account gets locked (because the proxy repeatedly tries to log in with the old/bad credentials). The following should prevent you from getting locked out again:
- Log out of the proxy in all windows/browsers/applications/machines.
- Clear the caches (for at least the proxy) in all windows/browsers/applications/machines
- Reset the password
- Login with the new password
If you are still having password reset issues, please contact support.