uTest strives to create a consistent and level playing field. In our never-ending pursuit of fairness, we have defined a uTester Code of Conduct and a Bill of Rights. This is something we arrived at after countless hours of internal debate and discussion with testers, customers, and partners. As a living document, we will edit and add to these tenets over time, but the goal of them is to ensure fair treatment of all parties and to create a work environment that is sustainable, enjoyable, and effective.
uTester Bill of Rights
As a uTester, you have certain rights in your engagement with uTest and its customers. These serve to protect you from unfair treatment, ensure consistency across our community, and enable you to be a productive uTester.
As a uTester, you have the right to…
- Be treated fairly and professionally by uTest and its customers
- Be paid accurately and in a timely manner, twice per month via PayPal or Payoneer
- Receive clear scope, instructions and payouts for each test cycle before you accept or decline
- Decline a test cycle if you do not wish to participate
- Receive timely updates about changes to test cycle scope or payout
- Ask questions about the scope of a test cycle via the Chat and receive clarifications during a test cycle in a timely fashion (contact us if you do not receive a response within 24 hours)
- Have your reports reviewed within 35 days of the test cycle becoming locked (contact us if this is not the case)
- Dispute a rejected report within the stated rules and monthly limits
- Contact a project manager about any pending, active or locked test cycle, so long as the question is professional (contact us if you do not receive a response within 24 hours)
- Contact a community manager if your question is not about a specific test cycle, preferably via the uTest Forums (otherwise via the contact us form.)