We’re always looking for professional and passionate software testers, developers, designers, or just web & mobile fanatics from around the globe. Get paid to test the latest and greatest technology from the world’s leading brands. Learn more about joining the world’s largest community of software testers.
Requirements for Becoming a uTester
Testers from all over the world perform freelance software testing with uTest. Please note, it is the tester’s responsibility to ensure that they are contractually and legally allowed to freelance work with uTest. For example, if you currently have a full time job it, is your responsibility to ensure freelancing with uTest is not in breach of contract with your current employer. Or perhaps, you are living in the United States without a visa. In all circumstances, we recommend that you seek advice from a lawyer who is familiar with your situation.
For more information regarding tester eligibility and requirements please visit: uTest Terms and Conditions
Creating your uTest Profile
When you first create an account, you are asked to enter basic information related to yourself and your devices. It is important that you fill out all fields thoroughly and accurately.
- Step 1: Account Information
Account Information is all about you. Fill out your legal name, your current country an postal code of residence, birth year, gender, and native languages. You will also be filling out your email address and password which will be used for logging into your uTest account.
- Step 2: Hardware & Software
On “Step 2: Hardware & Software” add the devices you have access to test on. At uTest, there are opportunities to test on any device that connects to the internet. This may including your mobile phone, desktop, tablet, smart TV, automobile, gaming console, fitness tracker, etc.
At uTest, you will be matched with projects based largely on the information you fill out within your uTest profile. Be sure to update your devices within your “Account & Settings” section of the uTest Platform with new software information, to add new devices, or remove old outdated devices. Many customers are especially interested in testers with the latest devices for testing purposes.
In addition to updating the hardware/software section of your profile, be sure to visit the uTest Platform and complete the sections of “Account & Settings” which were not captured during registration.
To register, visit the tester signup page. Complete the subsequent Tester Registration fields thoroughly and accurately, as the information you provide will be used to match you with future projects and test cycles.
- Is there a registration or membership fee for becoming a tester?
- No. Registration is 100% free. There are no membership fees of any kind to join our community.
- Am I allowed to have more than one account?
- No. Each tester may only have one account. Multiple accounts are prohibited and can result in being removed from the uTest platform. If you mistakenly created more than one account, please notify us of your primary account and duplicate accounts by contacting us. We will deactivate all non-primary accounts for you.
- Am I allowed to use a friend or colleague’s uTest account?
- No. Testers may not use another tester’s account under any circumstances, even if the account belongs to a friend or family member.
- Do I need to enter my real name in my profile?
- Yes. For financial reasons and liabilities, all testers are required to provide us with their real name in order to participate. Do not enter aliases like “Tester Tester” or “Bug Huntress.”